By Aaron Gerow
Read Online or Download A Page of Madness: Cinema and Modernity in 1920s Japan (Michigan Monograph Series in Japanese Studies) PDF
Best film & video art books
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Actors, writers, administrators and manufacturers who helped outline the style supply designated perception approximately western video clips from the early talkies to the current. Interviewed listed below are Glenn Ford, Warren Oates, Virginia Mayo, Andrew V. McLaglen, Harry Carey, Jr. , Julie Adams, A. C. Lyles, Burt Kennedy, Edward Faulkner, Aldo Sambrell, Jack Elam, Andrew J.
Do you know that Pocahontas most likely by no means fell in love with John Smith, because the Disney and different movie models of these occasions faux? That Godzilla was once initially an anti-American and anti-nuclear motion picture, seriously reduce and supplemented with new fabric? That Zorro used to be no longer created by means of an American writer yet derived from the a lot older Mexican fight for independence?
How have a gaggle conceived as a shortlived commodity outlived such a lot of in their contemporaries? Why are The Monkees nonetheless vital, and what does this let us know approximately their tune, their television exhibit, and our realizing of pop culture this day? regardless of being in-built Hollywood, and never unavoidably to final, The Monkees and their song, television, and cinematic output have proved enduring.
- Ecologies of the Moving Image: Cinema, Affect, Nature (Environmental Humanities)
- Hitchcock’s Objects as Subjects: The Significance of Things on Screen
- Hollywood's Indian: The Portrayal of the Native American in Film
- Snow White's People: An Oral History of the Disney Film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Volume I)
- Historical Dictionary of Science Fiction Cinema (Historical Dictionaries of Literature and the Arts)
Additional resources for A Page of Madness: Cinema and Modernity in 1920s Japan (Michigan Monograph Series in Japanese Studies)