By Alan J. Southward,Craig M. Young,Lee A. Fuiman
- Includes over fifty five tables of descriptive data
- Covers such issues as coral reefs, southern ocean cephalopods, seagrass and mangrove habitats, and masses more
- 4 experiences authored by means of specialists of their correct fields of study
Read or Download Advances in Marine Biology PDF
Best marine biology books
Marine Biology covers the fundamentals of marine biology with an international procedure, utilizing examples from a variety of areas and ecosystems world wide. This introductory, one-semester textual content is designed for non-majors. Authors Castro and Huber have made a unique attempt to incorporate strong simple technology content material wanted in a basic schooling path, together with the elemental rules of biology, the actual sciences, and the medical strategy.
The grey Whale: Eschrichtius robustus presents an advent to the knowledge of Eschrichtius robustus or the grey whale. This e-book explores the existence approaches, copy, and development of huge cetacean populations. prepared into 4 elements encompassing 25 chapters, this ebook starts with an outline of the grey whale evolution, fossils, and subfossil is still, variety, and systematics in old occasions.
The tale of the USS Indianapolis is recognized. After supplying an important elements of the atomic bomb that might point Hiroshima in 1945, the Indianapolis used to be sunk by way of a jap submarine within the South China Sea. Of the approximately 1,200 males aboard, 900 survived the torpedoing, spilling into the ocean. White tip sharks started attacking the following morning and after 4 days simply three hundred sailors have been alive to rescue.
This booklet summarizes and analyzes the biology, ecology, exploitation and administration of small cetaceans in Japan. It describes a number of the forms of cetacean fisheries in Japan and their historic improvement, the lifestyles histories and ecologies of the most species concerned, and the background and difficulties of conservation and administration.
- The Biology of Lungfishes
- Ecological Connectivity among Tropical Coastal Ecosystems
- Ecology of Fishes on Coral Reefs
- The Oceanographer's Companion: Essential Nautical Skills for Seagoing Scientists and Engineers
- Marine Biodiversity and Ecosystem Functioning: Frameworks, methodologies, and integration
- All the Boats on the Ocean: How Government Subsidies Led to Global Overfishing
Additional info for Advances in Marine Biology