By Maria Nikolajeva
The chapters are geared up round commonplace and simply famous good points of literary texts (e.g. writer, style, character). Theoretical matters are illustrated through particular texts from the North American kid's literature canon. The booklet explores the actual aesthetics of kid's fiction and the methods severe concept could be utilized to kid's texts, whereas closing available to a faculty readership with out past really good wisdom of literary conception. each one bankruptcy features a brief advent to a selected theoretical procedure (e.g. semiotics, feminist, psychoanalytic), an instance of its software to a literary textual content, a few actions (study questions, analyzing exercises), and proposals for extra explorations.
Read or Download Aesthetic Approaches to Children's Literature: An Introduction PDF
Similar parenting literature guides books
Lists resources of biographical info for people of curiosity to younger readers.
Teenagers have their very own video games, tales, riddles, etc. This ebook supplies scholars and normal readers an advent to kid's folklore. integrated are chapters at the definition and category of kid's folklore, the presence of kid's folklore in literature and pop culture, and the scholarly interpretation of kid's folklore.
While Russel B. Nye and Martin Gardner teamed as much as convey out a brand new version of the glorious Wizard of oz., theirs used to be the 1st severe research of L. Frank Baum American vintage. The booklet opens with an essay via Nye, entitled "An Appreciation," that is an outline of Baum's inventive and innovative genius.
Lots of the fairy stories that we grew up with we all know due to the Brothers Grimm. Jack Zipes, considered one of our most fulfilling courses during the global of fairy stories and their feedback, takes at the back of the romantics mythology of the wandering brothers. Bringing to endure his personal serious services, in addition to new biographical info, Zipes examines the interplay among the Grimms' lives and their paintings.
- Littérature de jeunesse et presse des jeunes au début du XXIe siècle (French Edition)
- Aspects and Issues in the History of Children's Literature (Contributions to the Study of World Literature)
- Crossover Picturebooks: A Genre for All Ages (Children's Literature and Culture)
- Frank Merriwell and the Fiction of All-American Boyhood: The Progressive Era Creation of the Schoolboy Sports Story (Sport, Culture, and Society)
- Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass: A Publishing History (Ashgate Studies in Publishing History: Manuscript, Print, Digital)
- The Feminine Subject in Children's Literature (Children's Literature and Culture)
Additional resources for Aesthetic Approaches to Children's Literature: An Introduction